You may have already noticed how much art plays a role in my designs but if not let me share with you wall art is such a fun part of design! Art is the perfect inspiration piece to base your color scheme for your home design, or the perfect way to bring the style you want into the space. Art can be a great way to anchor your design!
We love how these art pieces have taken our home designs to the next level!
As you can see from these highlights we love art in all forms, photographs, abstracts, modern, and more. They all can aid in our transitional design aesthetic and can be toned down or highlighted depending on how they fit in the design. I love how they bring all of the colors together in a space and help the eye to flow through the room. We love to pick pillows and accessories based on the art piece that will go into the space. Can’t you just imagine how an art piece like one of these would transform your living space too? Just think, new art, fresh pillows, and a couple of accessories can completely refresh any space!
Sometimes it can be overwhelming to know where to start to buy art so we’ve taken the guesswork out of where to go! These are our absolute favorite places to shop for art and once you head their way you will find those art pieces that will jump out at you to be loved.
1. Juniper Print Shop – We love supporting local and are blessed to have such a great print shop located in my home state of Arizona! Of course they sell nationwide but it’s still fun to see someone based locally.
2. Lulu & Georgia – They have a variety of art, abstract, photographs, textile, framed, and all in a beautiful and dreamy styles.
3. Anthropologie – So many yummy textures, baskets, abstracts, and even modern style portraits.
4. McGee & Co – Neutrals, traditional, abstracts, all in gorgeous warm colors.
5. Shoppe Amber Interiors – A curated collection of photographs of beautiful landscapes, drawings, and paintings of fields can be found here.
6. Target – When shopping for art you need that day Target is a great go to! They collaborate with different designers like Hearth & Hand Magnolia line and the Studio McGee line. You can find beautiful pieces here.
7. World Market – This is another place were you can find art the same day you need it. They have a a good collection of textures, photographs, and abstract art pieces so you can find something in the design aesthetic you are looking for.
8. The Vintage Rug Shop – Beautifully painted fields and portraits, and traditional sketch art are curated together here.
9. Joshyoungdesignhouse.com – He has fun portrait art that has the modern twist, if you need a bold splash of art this is it!
10. Minted – Here you will find a variety of beautiful art that will fit many design styles. This is a great place to find inspiration and also discover your favorite type of art if you aren’t sure where to start!
Are you ready to tour this Spanish Boho beauty of a vacation rental? I sure hope so! Because I am really excited to finally share this project with you. This home started out in pretty rough shape with a closed in and choppy layout and now it is bright, open and beautiful. The floor plan […]
Brittany Krupnik is a real estate investor, designer and home stager. She creates spaces where life can be enjoyed - whether that is reimagining a space and bringing it back to life through flipping, helping someone envision themselves and the life they can have in a new home through staging or designing a vacation rental that serves as the backdrop for families and friends to create memories.
Brittany has staged over 500 homes and designed over 250 homes. When she is not designing, you can find her reading, traveling or trying out a new restaurant. She lives in Tempe, Arizona with her husband and 3 kids.
Learn best practices for choosing a neutral paint color!